Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2

Well they did the whole Penumbra series + Amnesia w Justine on their own.
Now they need to expend to keep up with the demand without compromising quality.
I would like the newer setting in future products I mean BP was great really great and no monster de-spawn is so good.
07-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Find
emaper Offline

(07-08-2013, 04:15 AM)Darkluminoo Wrote: What do you picture when you hear the Mors Praematura song? I always image dead pig monsters rising up and looking around.

For those who haven't heard the song- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkVvNMuJsA

I think that Mors Praematura could fit as background music for the introduction video to A Machine For Pigs... or at the end of the game.

Student | Bassist 

[Image: LNndQ]
07-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(07-08-2013, 06:54 AM)Statyk Wrote: I forget where I have seen it, probably in the part 1 thread (I am NOT sifting through all those pages. Just trust me), but TCR said they are working on a new project, and once AMFP is out, they're done with HPL. So I would say I'm 99% sure there will be no DLC or sequels to Amnesia after this one.

Most probably Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Personally, after that I don't want any more Amnesia. Something new, different and exciting!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013, 08:45 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(07-08-2013, 08:44 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 06:54 AM)Statyk Wrote: I forget where I have seen it, probably in the part 1 thread (I am NOT sifting through all those pages. Just trust me), but TCR said they are working on a new project, and once AMFP is out, they're done with HPL. So I would say I'm 99% sure there will be no DLC or sequels to Amnesia after this one.

Most probably Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Personally, after that I don't want any more Amnesia. Something new, different and exciting!

My thoughts exactly!

07-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Same. =] I'm all for FG's Secret Project more, no offense TCR. I've seen enough of Amnesia by now.
07-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(07-08-2013, 11:50 PM)Statyk Wrote: Same. =] I'm all for FG's Secret Project more, no offense TCR. I've seen enough of Amnesia by now.

After the pigs release or soon we should have some news regarding their new game. At least that's what Thomas said. Can't wait.
07-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

I really hope they do a nice big ARG for us to sink into for the announcement of AAMFP's date Smile

Whilst I'm certainly not the most adept at figuring those out, its so nice to see the community unite and to see the ARG unfold

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
07-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I think I'm gonna throw up when I see the pig monster...
Good thing I don't eat pig.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

I had a dream last night that really heightened my curiosity on the subject of 'monster intelligence' for AMFP, which I feel is a topic that has hardly been discussed compared to how inventory will work, and how lighting will play out, and what the game's story will be about (if it really is what everyone is automatically assuming based on what information we have on it), etc... Though there's been plenty on what the monsters may be, there's not been much on how we, the players, will be interacting with them.

So, here is some things I think would make for an awesome interaction with a monster.

Sound vs. Monster -- watching certain Let's Plays for TDD and custom stories, I always cringe and hate it when I see all the players running everywhere! I'd love running to be only a necessity in horror gaming, for if you run, you're thundering down halls, which means a monster will more than likely hear you coming. I like my stealth and slow-paced way of handling scary.

Environment vs. Monster -- I don't know about you all, but I'd feel more scared and vulnerable with less available hiding spots, and think it'd be unique having to build my own shelters. I want a monster to storm a room I'm hiding in, and checked every possible spot, and for them to open doors like the Infected in Penumbra. In my dream I was hiding from a hideous pig monster in a bathtub, and he came in and pulled back the shower curtain. Big Grin Was very creepy.

Speed vs. Monster -- If you go back to TDD, the Brutes and Grunts could run really fast, but they'd stupidly run into boxes and try to attack you from behind counters instead of running around them. I want these monsters to be fast and smart, and capable of going around obstacles in their path, though it'd be awesome to try and block them from getting at you.

I can't wait to see how the monsters in AMFP will be -- End of Summer! *SQUEAL Heart* but I'd like to know more of peoples thoughts on it.

What is your idea of a scary meeting with a piggy monster? Sorry if this is too long!
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 04:37 AM by sasaluvsamnesia7.)
07-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

I had a dream last night that really heightened my curiosity on the subject of 'monster intelligence' for AMFP, I had a dream about AAMFP, I had a crazy dream about AAMFP, Did i just dream about AAMFP, i had an crazy dream about AAMFP, I was dreaming last night about AAMFP

Come on guys get over with it. The game will come out soon, jesus be patience.

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
07-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Find