Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.82 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 3

Monster: Weeeee
Translated into english: They see me, they hatin'...

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

Chance of being haunted by intelligent monsters from the beginning?

Man oh man, I am going to be cautious as heck playing this, from start to finish, and I'm going to look in every nook and cranny, and admire every single thing no matter what. I'm going to soak this game in like a sponge does water, while being so scared at the same time!

Cool

I'm so ready.
08-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

[Image: 5036847937_7c5cc5168b_o.jpg]

Another pic found on google with words ”mexican pig mask”. Didn’t find that much information where these masks were used. The only comment I found was on another pic. They were apparently used in religious dances.

The cover art pig mask seems to have a symbol on it’s forehead. Perhaps The Orb?

One thing that was going strong in Mexico at the time (1899) was spiritualism (vs spiritism), especially the Latin American version Espiritismo. Here is some Wikipedia snippets of the both

Spiritualism:

“Spiritualism is a religion postulating the belief that spirits of the dead residing in the spirit world have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. Spiritism, a branch of Spiritualism developed by Allan Kardec and today found mostly in continental Europe and Latin America, especially Brazil, has emphasised reincarnation.”

“Spiritualism developed and reached its peak growth in membership from the 1840s to the 1920s, especially in English-speaking countries. By 1897, it was said to have more than eight million followers in the United States and Europe, mostly drawn from the middle and upper classes.”

Beliefs

“Although various Spiritualist traditions have their own beliefs, known as Principles, there are some shared concepts:”
• A belief in spirit communication.
• A belief that the soul continues to exist after the death of the physical body.
• Personal responsibility for life circumstances.
• Even after death it is possible for the soul to learn and improve
• A belief in a God, often referred to as "Infinite Intelligence".
• The natural world considered as an expression of said intelligence.

Espiritismo

“Espiritismo, a cultural variation on Spiritism and Spiritualism, popular in Latin American nations, particularly Mexico”

“Espiritismo (Portuguese and Spanish for “Spiritism”) is the Latin American and Caribbean belief that good and evil spirits can affect health, luck and other elements of human life.”

“Espiritistas believe these beings can influence the corporeal world in various ways and that the espiritistas, in turn, can also influence the actions of the spirits.”
08-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(08-18-2013, 12:22 PM)WIWWM Wrote: What if frictionl games is just puling our leg by saying that CS making wont be created but in reality they will make one, and infact make it so that CS's being created for ATDD can be ported easily over?

Considering :
* There is no CS support planned at this time
* There is no DVD version, no demo, no new trailer
* The high requirements, which means they didn't test on a big range of machines

I take it they want to be done quickly with AMFP to move on to their current project, so I don't believe they will add any other features such as CS support.
08-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

But someone in the crew said the cs support should be built in... A few mins later Pinchbeck showed up :/

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(08-18-2013, 01:17 PM)felixmole Wrote: I take it they want to be done quickly with AMFP to move on to their current project, so I don't believe they will add any other features such as CS support.

Considering it took Frictional only a day to add custom support to ATDD, I can't imagine it would take much longer to add it to AAMFP therefore I don't think time is the issue here.

I have a feeling it's more of a 'control' decision - perhaps Frictional simply aren't that keen on custom stories any more and feel that it 'waters down' the product? (even though there are a handful of great custom stories out there for ATDD - such as 'The Great Work'). Or maybe The Chinese Room didn't like the idea?

Just guessing here - it could well be for another reason.
08-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Find
Pikastroff Offline

Threads: 3

(08-18-2013, 01:40 PM)Ossie Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 01:17 PM)felixmole Wrote: I take it they want to be done quickly with AMFP to move on to their current project, so I don't believe they will add any other features such as CS support.

Considering it took Frictional only a day to add custom support to ATDD, I can't imagine it would take much longer to add it to AAMFP therefore I don't think time is the issue here.

I have a feeling it's more of a 'control' decision - perhaps Frictional simply aren't that keen on custom stories any more and feel that it 'waters down' the product? (even though there are a handful of great custom stories out there for ATDD - such as 'The Great Work'). Or maybe The Chinese Room didn't like the idea?

Just guessing here - it could well be for another reason.

Maybe they will add CS Support in an update of the game?
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 02:16 PM by Pikastroff.)
08-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(08-18-2013, 02:15 PM)patoucheminouch Wrote: Maybe they will add CS Support in an update of the game?
Maybe, but you shouldn't be expecting it.
08-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Find
VadimLongcat Offline

Threads: 2

(08-18-2013, 01:17 PM)felixmole Wrote: no new trailer

Well, i think there will be release trailer anyway - they have to promote their project to get more buyers.
08-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

I Kinda think the release date may have been rushed.

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Find