Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Monster?
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Monster?

I had theorized that there were two types of monsters a while back, based on how different some of the monsters screeches and footsteps sounded in the halloween trailer, if only I could find that post...
08-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

2 monsters or more would be great Big Grin
But how do you guys even hear these differences between the footsteps?
I only hear grunts and sqeals... And i still think it will be a pig on 2 legs.
Well we will find out i guess.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(08-17-2013, 09:52 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: 2 monsters or more would be great Big Grin
But how do you guys even hear these differences between the footsteps?
I only hear grunts and sqeals... And i still think it will be a pig on 2 legs.
Well we will find out i guess.

Listening to the teaser at 0:30, the monster seems to have a much deeper, piggy growling sound and very heavy footsteps, and you can even hear what sounds like something metallic moving when the monster moves, like he's wearing shackles.

Listening to the halloween trailer at 1:35, the monster seems to have a higher-pitched squeal and its footsteps are much lighter. Plus, I don't hear the same metallic sound you hear in the teaser.

It could just be the area the creature is in (wood floor vs metallic / open vs enclosed) but imo the two monsters don't sound similar at all, other than the piggy noises they make.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 11:15 PM by bluel0bster.)
08-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Maybe i just found the 4 legged monster...
Here is the pic:http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/270/e/d/mutant_piggy_by_d4rkharlequin-d2r0ye9.jpg

(If i did it wrong i will hate myself. I think i dont know how to paste photos into forums)
Well when it wont work just open a new tab and type the link in, that way works too.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2013, 11:37 PM by LordOfDragons.)
08-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(08-17-2013, 11:35 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Maybe i just found the 4 legged monster...
Here is the pic:http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/270/e/d/mutant_piggy_by_d4rkharlequin-d2r0ye9.jpg

(If i did it wrong i will hate myself. I think i dont know how to paste photos into forums)
Well when it wont work just open a new tab and type the link in, that way works too.

Yeah, this little piggy is showing up all over the place, but despite appearing in a recent VG247 article it's not actually an Amnesia: AMFP image. It was created by an artist called Rick Oerlemans and published to his DeviantArt account in 2010, even before the first Amnesia was released!
08-18-2013, 01:56 AM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

Threads: 0

(08-17-2013, 07:10 PM)droog Wrote: So I think we will have at least two different types of monsters. After I saw how massive and big the pig monster is (the one in the new pic), I came up with the idea, that the monster we hear in the halloween teaser is another type. The steps we can hear doesn't sound like the ones in the first teaser. Also I think the monster in the halloween teaser is a four-legged animal, since the steps are very fast.
So I think the second, smaller monster could look like this guy here:

Spoiler below!
[Image: a_machine_for_pigs_monster_by_dandandant...5w2kwj.jpg]

This gave me nightmares.
As far as I'm concerned I won't even bother to look at the monsters. I did it in ATDD (closet in the guestroom scene) and everything was messed up. I sat in a small closet while that thing was a few steps away from me with a sh*tload of crap in my pants.
Another reason is that otherwise I'm to afraid to continue, but I will! I've waited to long for this game to not finish it because there is some fat pig with a meat hook / Pug-looking creature hunting me down in a dark, abandoned meat factory or some place like a slaughterhouse which probably contains lots of blood, knives and dead pigs...

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 02:30 PM by Plectrum61.)
08-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

*Brrr* I cant wait to play the game/See videos from it (However it will turn out with my pc or so)

im currently searching through the aamfp threads in high speed cuz i wanna know every news ._.

Please Frictional games, do moar interesting stuff ...

08-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

(08-18-2013, 02:33 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: *Brrr* I cant wait to play the game/See videos from it (However it will turn out with my pc or so)

im currently searching through the aamfp threads in high speed cuz i wanna know every news ._.

Please Frictional games, do moar interesting stuff ...

My paranormal abilities tells me something very interesting will happen in exactly 3 weeks, 2 days and 4 hours...

08-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Yep it will.
I can imagine myself running away from the piggies and thinking: WHERE'S THE CLOSET???

Dan Pinchbeck: Hahaha there are no safe zones *Troll face on*

08-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

(08-18-2013, 03:02 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Yep it will.
I can imagine myself running away from the piggies and thinking: WHERE'S THE CLOSET???

Dan Pinchbeck: Hahaha there are no safe zones *Troll face on*

Something tells me that when you hide in a closet this time, something horrible will happen. I remember Dan saying that you won't expect the monster's actions and you won't be able to play like ATDD.
Perhaps the monsters can open specific things like closets? Like that guy from Outlast, but it needs hands to perform such an action so we are safe. Oh wait, *Teaser trailer flashback*, it has hands...

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM by Plectrum61.)
08-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Find