Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Monster?
Magnum66 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Monster?

(08-18-2013, 08:40 PM)Potato Wrote: If I see a closet in-game, I'm just gonna go "Fuck that" and hide somewhere else.

I feel like AMFP will have a scene where they deliberately offer you a closet as a hiding space, and I feel that it'll be a trap.

I'm still gonna try closets. Who knows might get lucky or they might be bluffing hehe Wink

I'm gonna risk closets until it bites me in the ass. Plus that way I get to see just how the monster can find you in the closet it. Good luck when I'm holding the door shut as tightly as I can. Wink Fuck you monster! I can't wait to see what it could possibly look like. From the teasers posted and sneak peeks we've seen, it looks and sounds absolutely horrific. Big Grin

Also speaking of no safe places, the darkness behind objects has to provide safety for sure. How can the monster see in the dark? Well... it could smell us out... fuck...

Patiently awaiting Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...
08-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(08-19-2013, 04:18 AM)Magnum66 Wrote: I'm still gonna try closets. Who knows might get lucky or they might be bluffing hehe Wink

Just a heads up, the devs confirmed that the old tricks for avoiding monsters won't work like they did in TDD, and that we can expect to be surprised :p
08-19-2013, 04:47 AM
Find
Magnum66 Offline

Threads: 1

(08-19-2013, 04:47 AM)bluel0bster Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 04:18 AM)Magnum66 Wrote: I'm still gonna try closets. Who knows might get lucky or they might be bluffing hehe Wink

Just a heads up, the devs confirmed that the old tricks for avoiding monsters won't work like they did in TDD, and that we can expect to be surprised :p

Oh I know, but...... I'm still trusting in the safety of closets. Bold move, but I win either way. If it pays off, take THAT monsters! If it doesn't... I get to experience a monster clawing its way inside the closet and ripping me to shreds. Which should be pretty fucking terrifying. Big Grin

Patiently awaiting Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...
08-19-2013, 05:05 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Might it be safe to say that standing still, regardless of location, is death?

If so, fuck. I'm a bigger pussy than pewdiepie, who at least tries to sneak past the monster. NOPE, I wait at least 10 minutes hoping the monster goes away. That's why the sewer scared the piss out of me in ADD.

At the very least, it explains why polish took so long, the monsters are probably very intelligent.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 05:33 AM by Ghieri.)
08-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

(08-19-2013, 05:05 AM)Magnum66 Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 04:47 AM)bluel0bster Wrote:

Oh I know, but...... I'm still trusting in the safety of closets. Bold move, but I win either way. If it pays off, take THAT monsters! If it doesn't... I get to experience a monster clawing its way inside the closet and ripping me to shreds. Which should be pretty fucking terrifying. Big Grin

I bet a penny there will be not a single closet to hide in in AMFP. Maybe a bathtub or under a bed, behind crates or in a vile smelling cage, but would they go for the closet thing? Hm... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, 'No.' But I can't wait to see if I'm wrong or not.

Picture this: you're hiding in a cold, grimy bathtub in an abandoned home, thinking you're safe, when suddenly you hear the stomping of feet, and a loud, frightful snort. Then, the shower curtain pulls back and you're face to face with a horrific monster! That would scared me senseless!
08-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

undefined

Yeah but guys.... Don't do mental masturbations about the monster. It won't be the only scare source in the game, it's part of the game. it's an only experience. So why bothering what will the monster look like, how are you gonna play etc.

I think it's a bit stupid talking about it before having finished the game Confused

Also, leave the screenshots, you're just spoiling a bit overanalysing aren't you :S

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 09:46 AM by Hardarm.)
08-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Website Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(08-19-2013, 09:43 AM)Hardarm Wrote: undefined

Yeah but guys.... Don't do mental masturbations about the monster. It won't be the only scare source in the game, it's part of the game. it's an only experience. So why bothering what will the monster look like, how are you gonna play etc.

I think it's a bit stupid talking about it before having finished the game Confused

Also, leave the screenshots, you're just spoiling a bit overanalysing aren't you :S

You are totally right. thechineseroom and FG don't want a monster, which is the only scary source in the game. Quite the opposite. Here's an interesting article with Dan and how he defines horror.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/def...pinchbeck/

One line says:

"It’s terrifying because of what is missing. And what is missing is a monster."

So I think we will encounter the monster really rarely... but that's great and you will understand why, when you read the article. Everything happens in the head.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 10:06 AM by Draug.)
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

I actually think our considerations for how they are going to toy with our expectations will help intensify the fear even further. We're expecting the unexpected. That knowledge alone is reason enough to be cautious in-game.

In TDD you were safe as long as you were hidden. Except there is no way in hell they are going to let us get away with that this time round. The pigs are going to sniff us out or at least explore the room more thoroughly...so trapping yourself in a closet or even just remaining stationary will most likely end with your demise.

I can't wait.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013, 11:53 AM by The Raining Brains.)
08-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

I also have the fear, that the streets of london are a bigger version of the "choir" from TDD. This was the creepiest room imo. When I look at the new screenshots and see the fog, I expect the worst for my health. Pigs lurking in the fog... watching you. Big Grin
08-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

I wonder if there are more hiding places then ATDD or atleast a bit more special* hiding places. In the first game you only had a closet and behind the pigs in the kitchen of the prison as 'special' hiding place. Further you were only hiding in small corners, walls, small rooms or behind barrels which I find a bit unoriginal.

* Hiding places like closets, or the cage from the halloween trailer that are more original then hiding in a corner

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
08-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Find