Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Reviews] Amnesia – A Machine For Pigs
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [Reviews] Amnesia – A Machine For Pigs

Why do you hope you are wrong? Will the metacritic score affect your enjoyment of the game?
09-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

Nah ofc they wont. Im so excited, the game is soo close. Too bad its school tomorrow >: Aww.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

My enjoyment? Absolutely not. However, most people do look at these marks when considering to buy a game. Even if you're probably right about their absolute meaning.
09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Bunch of them gave Pigs 10 out of 10 though, I don't remember ATDD reached that far.
09-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

That's why I hate metacritic scores and how reviews are viewed.

The industry isn't helping when they offer bonuses for reaching certain scores on metacritic.

Terrible way of viewing reviews but what are you going to do?
09-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-09-2013, 07:36 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: That's why I hate metacritic scores and how reviews are viewed.

The industry isn't helping when they offer bonuses for reaching certain scores on metacritic.

Terrible way of viewing reviews but what are you going to do?

Already seen some shmuck on Youtube calling it terrible.

[Image: like-laugh-funny.jpg]
09-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Find
Istrebitel Offline

Threads: 3

Both ignoring critcs and listening to them as if they are the voice of the truth is stupid. The correct way to use a critic's opinion is to consider his personality, his preferences, and then make conclusions as to wether you will like the game based on how the critic liked the game.

Watch TotalBiscuit videos on platformer games, he doesn't like platformer games and he clearly states that, he also explains what I said above a lot in these, so that people don't consider a game he didn't like to be bad, just because he didn't like it.
09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

(09-09-2013, 07:45 PM)Istrebitel Wrote: Both ignoring critcs and listening to them as if they are the voice of the truth is stupid. The correct way to use a critic's opinion is to consider his personality, his preferences, and then make conclusions as to wether you will like the game based on how the critic liked the game.

Watch TotalBiscuit videos on platformer games, he doesn't like platformer games and he clearly states that, he also explains what I said above a lot in these, so that people don't consider a game he didn't like to be bad, just because he didn't like it.

That's the correct way to view reviews.

Shame we're in the minority.
09-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

Regardless of the reviews, I've already bought it and preloaded it, I've already taken the gamble. I'm going in with some high hopes but middling expectations since I really liked the first game, but I don't want to be too bummed out if it feels like it falls flat. Just gonna grab some booze, go through it with some friends, and maybe Mars bars will be the big thing this time Big Grin

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
09-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Reviews are very often very biased, major titles are prone to receive absurdly good grades no matter how absurdly bad they are. Same example can be found in other industries: movies, music.
09-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Find