Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash to desktop after leaving first area.
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash to desktop after leaving first area.

It is probably a setting that is used by some texture, which is not present in the first level, but in the second level and possibly later levels. So when running high and having this setting active, the integrated chip can't handle it and crashes. Running medium settings probably have this particular setting disabled. If you want to experiment, you can run on high, but turn of things like reflection, refraction and what not and then turn things on to see which one it is that makes it crash.
09-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Website Find
Arkad1a Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash to desktop after leaving first area.

(09-10-2013, 02:13 PM)jens Wrote: If you try this exe, http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22842.html, does it help?

i get SDL.dll is missing from your computer :/

hey all posted a new thread on how to fix this.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 11:11 AM by Arkad1a.)
09-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(09-11-2013, 08:17 AM)jens Wrote: It is probably a setting that is used by some texture, which is not present in the first level, but in the second level and possibly later levels. So when running high and having this setting active, the integrated chip can't handle it and crashes. Running medium settings probably have this particular setting disabled. If you want to experiment, you can run on high, but turn of things like reflection, refraction and what not and then turn things on to see which one it is that makes it crash.

I have an Intel HD 3000 & Intel HD 4000. If these cards have the problem then I can try that. The thing is I haven't reached the second level yet so maybe not immediately! :p

(09-11-2013, 10:45 AM)Arkad1a Wrote: i get SDL.dll is missing from your computer :/

hey all posted a new thread on how to fix this.

You need to put this file in the game directory overwriting the previous aamfp.exe file. Don't run it directly from desktop for example. It won't work.
09-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Find