Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash to desktop after leaving first area.
Arkad1a Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Crash to desktop after leaving first area.

Hi All,

Bought the game today and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

So the game loads up fine, play through what I guess is the intro, move through the house and when I go to leave the house (the first time you see a new loading screen) the game crashes back to desktop.

It doesn't save progress so I went through the whole intro sequence again, only to have it crash back to desktop again at the same loading screen.

I didn't quite catch the error but it submitted a bug report, apparently.

Don't think its an issue with my laptop as I'm playing on an Alienware MX15R2 thats only 3 months old. As far as I'm aware my drivers are up to date. as it updates video drivers automatically and I've had no issues playing any other games on max settings.

I will check drivers tomorrow and failing that, will probably do a fresh re install via steam, but was looking forward to playing this game for a very long time and it killed the immersion big time!

Any advice on what else to try would be fantastic.

Thanks!
09-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Find
MortenAbra Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash to desktop after leaving first area.

Hey there. Im receiving the exact same error/crash/bug..
09-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash to desktop after leaving first area.

If you try this exe, http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22842.html, does it help?
09-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

If that .exe file Jens mentioned does not help, both of you attach the file HPL.log as mentioned at the troubleshooting guide, Problem X.
09-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Find
mrsambarlow Offline

Threads: 0

Same here. Clicked door, get the loading screen ("Lily's Honour"), nice music. After a while (loaded?) I'm dumped to desktop, music continues. The crash log stalls at 2%.

This is playing through and loading a save just before the door. Tried a few times now.

I'm on Win 8 with 8gb memory, onboard Intel graphics. Game was running smooth prior to crash.

--Sam
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Unfortunately integrated graphics are not supported. Possibly lowering settings might help or to update the drivers for the chip.
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Website Find
mrsambarlow Offline

Here's the .log file

Yup, dialling them back stopped the crash. Cheers.

Attached Files
.zip   hpl.zip (Size: 6.23 KB / Downloads: 98)
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 09:20 PM by mrsambarlow.)
09-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Find
Lordy Offline

A half-assed fix that worked for me is save&exiting right before entering through the door, changing the settings to low with a small resolution windowed mode, restarting and going through the door then repeating, only this time changing back to whatever video options I was using to begin with. and then just play. don't know if this happens again at other doors. I will tell you when I get to another one.

Hope that helps, for now.
09-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Find
mrsambarlow Offline

(09-10-2013, 09:28 PM)Lordy Wrote: A half-assed fix that worked for me is save&exiting right before entering through the door, changing the settings to low with a small resolution windowed mode, restarting and going through the door then repeating, only this time changing back to whatever video options I was using to begin with. and then just play. don't know if this happens again at other doors. I will tell you when I get to another one.

Hope that helps, for now.

Yeah, I changed them back bit by bit after the load -- with no problems -- but then I hit the next load and crashed again -- so will leave everything on MED going forward.
09-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Find
Lordy Offline

Yeah. it's a really a weird bug seeing as how I have absolutely no trouble playing on highest video settings but; oh well. med settings it is.
09-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Find