Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

CPU Fan spins too fast
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
CPU Fan spins too fast

So, the CPU fan of my PC is spinning at +/- 4300RPM for about a month now. It's really noisy and it's driving me mad!
I already tried some stuff, but nothing has worked so far..

Any help would be appreciated!

Things I already did:

- I ran compressed air through the entire computer. There was some dust caught beneath the cpu fan, and some in the gpu fan. Everything is totally clean now.

- Removed old dried up paste, and applied new thermal paste on the cpu/cooling block

- Using speedfan, I tried to decrease the RPM. The only fan I am able to modify is the GPU fan. The CPU's temperature is very stable now.

[Image: 30ju4n4.png]

03-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: CPU Fan spins too fast

You haven't changed any settings in Bios? And also, i believe that virus can do something like this.
03-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(03-13-2014, 03:52 PM)Sakari Wrote: You haven't changed any settings in Bios? And also, i believe that virus can do something like this.

Nope, I didn't change a thing to the BIOS. Some people told me to enable Smart Fan in the bios, but it was already enabled when i checked!

Also my PC is clean of viruses, so that can't be the problem.

03-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

I don't trust 100% to viruscanners, some does identify the virues and some doesn't, i had a virus on my pc which no virus scanner could find, i tried multiple scanners, Avg, Security Essentials, Norton etc, etc.
In the end i had to reinstall the os and that finally fixed the problem.

If the issue doesn't get solved, i would recommend to use either backup, (if you have one), or reinstall option.

But if the problem appears still after doing it, it might be more of a hardware problem.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 05:50 PM by Red.)
03-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

If you can afford get it, get a decent Liquid Cooling that you can re-use ($30-50 I think is good enough for mid-level CPUs if they are in a good environment. Placing your computer case on carpet or in a enclosed space doesn't help.)

I tried going for some bigger fans on my gaming computer but the fan would still get very noisy. Liquid Cooling is a better alternative IMO.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835103195
03-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Find