Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

Okay putting this out there first. The tension in this thread is starting to get a bit tense for my taste, so maybe we can try to tone down a bit, and keep it under control as a simple exchange of views between fellow members? Just a precaution Smile

(08-25-2013, 02:06 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: You shouldn't in the first place it is meant to be played as intended.

Several things about this:

1. Pewdie as well as most LPers are entertainers. It is not entertaining to watch someone being completely immersed in a game without joking too much. If you want something like that you'd be better served playing yourself , or watching non-commentary walkthroughs.

Just saying that you can't really go into LPs expecting completely serious players.

2. The proper way for a game to be enjoyed is to play it yourself in the first place. If you're watching an LPer do it, you're honestly already not experiencing it as intended to begin with.

(08-25-2013, 02:06 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: Besides that he gets paid for views and subscribers so if you think he really is a "good person" then you fail to see that he is in it for the money.(just the money)

So what you're saying is that in order for him to not be a money-grabbing person he has to not get paid for putting his videos on Youtube? Sorry, but I don't see how that makes sense.

As Lleviathan said up there he's done countless good things with his fame, and you would really have to be the most cynical person int he world to believe that it's all an act, and he doesn't care at all.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 02:15 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: AAMFP GAMEPLAY - Warning: PewDiePie

For people who havent watched the video, the most significant things it
spoils are:
a monster, puzzle and few scares.
08-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Find
Lleviathyn Offline

Threads: 3

(08-25-2013, 02:06 PM)maarten12100 Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 02:00 PM)Lleviathan Wrote: You try being funny while commentating a horror game.

You guys aren't giving him any credit.

He's done charity livestreams, makes thank you videos and Fridays with PDP to connect with his fans more, I can't count the number of times he's said compliments to games he's played, and most recently he hosted the Humble Weekly Sale and probably got a ton of money for the indie developers. (I think it involved donating money to a children's hospital too if I remember correctly)
You shouldn't in the first place it is meant to be played as intended.

Besides that he gets paid for views and subscribers so if you think he really is a "good person" then you fail to see that he is in it for the money.(just the money)
You do realize that most people are too scared to play it on their own? Through PDP, they get to still experience it kind of like through a movie.

Honestly, after each session of Amnesia I liked to go on YouTube and watch people play custom stories and sometimes parts that I've already played through in the main story to see how scared they get.

As for not believing he's not a good person without any evidence, you might as well believe everyone is just for the money.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 02:18 PM by Lleviathyn.)
08-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-25-2013, 02:13 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: Well I don't blame him entirely but it was still up to him to upload the video, if I was a receiver of a review copy I would rather write about it rather than share a video mainly because there are people who want to experience these events first hand.

Remember to keep in mind also that there are some who don't, and would love to see some extra new footage early (Not saying I do), and maybe some other people who would love to see Pewdie being the one to play it. Everyone has their own tastes.

Try to take a look at what else could've happened here:

If Pewdie didn't upload the video it would result in the people who didn't want the video to be pleased, but the ones who wanted to see the video not being able to see it. Potentially 50% happy demographic (For sake of example cutting the two groups of people into their own halves each)

Now in the case that he did, people who want to see the video can, and the people who don't might accidentally stumble on it, but for the most part they can avoid it if they try. Potentially 75% happy demographic (The people who want to see it + people who were fortunate enough to not accidentally run across the video)

So sizing this up you can see how realistically speaking releasing the video might please more people.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM by Kreekakon.)
08-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Find
emaper Offline

Threads: 0

He spoilt just four or five things of just an hour of gameplay... He didn't spoilt all the game, calm down y'all.
I'm angry too, because PewDiePie is the worst person that could play a game like Amnesia, but we don't have to become mad only 'cause of 2 minutes of gameplay D:

Student | Bassist 

[Image: LNndQ]
08-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

dauym, i wanted to see those monsters as suprise!!My fault, I shoudn't have to spoil it.
08-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(08-25-2013, 02:34 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: dauym, i wanted to see those monsters as suprise!!My fault, I shoudn't have to spoil it.

I watched it too, because i rly cant wait to play. Well it was a shame i saw one of the monsters... But well i will still play the game even if i spoil it for myself. I did the same with TDD too and still didnt know what to do most of the times. Well i think im really surprised now. But well we still got more monsters, as we saw in the picture in the monster thread...

Edit: This game rocks. Come out already ._.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
08-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(08-25-2013, 02:46 PM)BossPiggy Wrote:
(08-25-2013, 02:34 PM)Pyöveli Wrote: dauym, i wanted to see those monsters as suprise!!My fault, I shoudn't have to spoil it.

I watched it too, because i rly cant wait to play. Well it was a shame i saw one of the monsters... But well i will still play the game even if i spoil it for myself. I did the same with TDD too and still didnt know what to do most of the times. Well i think im really surprised now. But well we still got more monsters, as we saw in the picture in the monster thread...

Edit: This game rocks. Come out already ._.
Fortunately we'll have more monsters.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 02:55 PM by Red.)
08-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Find
Geoff Offline

Threads: 8

(08-25-2013, 02:00 PM)Lleviathan Wrote: You try being funny while commentating a horror game.

It's not that hard. You do NOT need to overreact to every single slightest move in the shadows to be funny. Seeing a bird fly by a window does not require you to scream for 3 minutes.

That and the facecam changes everything. People feel the need to overreact EVEN MORE when they have one.
08-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

So i was scrolling in the comment section on the video and found this...

''Roxy Harrison: He doesnt fake motherfucker as u can see at 2:41 that scared him cuz he didnt know it was there so i have some words to give you Shut the fuck you motherfucker Just go live in a box in the fucking street and then go die in a hole with a sad clown and Jb cuz all of those suck just like u you motherfucker GO fuck your self Damn asshole your so fucking stupid GO DIE IN HELL MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!'' Apparently they want to protect him from trolls.... Ah-hu...

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
08-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Find