Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)

"What are those things, they look like people, really messed up people"

Considering 1. flesher really does not look too human unless you get a good look which you don't, and 2. there was never really any clear indication of more than 1 flesher. I kinda get the feeling that this line was first written in an earlier version of the game, with the much more human looking mscurie_reanimated characters being the enemies instead. I believe we also saw a scene in the 2013 build where there were multiple of these guys so it kinda seemed like there was a lot of them around.
10-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(10-28-2015, 09:22 PM)WALP Wrote: 2. there was never really any clear indication of more than 1 flesher. I kinda get the feeling that this line was first written in an earlier version of the game [...]

I haven't looked through any maps, but I do know there is a male and female variant of the flesher, so there are or were at least 2 Flesher enemies.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-28-2015, 08:21 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: In the MS Curie, if you return to the escape vessel before you successfully carry out the "sabotage", you get some more dialogue from Simon and Catherine about the monsters. You can hear it during the following Let's Play video at around the 04:10 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYhsiDjn5B0&t=248

That's pretty common line, seen in myself and in few playthroughs. Was it a plug all along, Paddy? :P

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Find
WAU Offline

Threads: 0

Did you know that the Ancient Greek alphabet used to have one additional letter, which was later lost when the language had evolved into the Ancient Greek that some of us know today? The letter looked more or less like our capital F, and it was pronounced 'wau'.... wow, right? Cool
10-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-29-2015, 08:05 PM)WAU Wrote: Did you know that the Ancient Greek alphabet used to have one additional letter, which was later lost when the language had evolved into the Ancient Greek that some of us know today? The letter looked more or less like our capital F, and it was pronounced 'wau'.... wow, right? Cool

Yep Wink

10-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Find
Manzooka Offline

Threads: 0

Just caught this on a second play through...

In the desk drawer at Simon's apartment there's a newspaper clipping about the car accident. If you turn it over there's some partial text from another article that effectively reads "Game ends with a surprise."
11-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(11-04-2015, 03:34 PM)Manzooka Wrote: Just caught this on a second play through...

In the desk drawer at Simon's apartment there's a newspaper clipping about the car accident. If you turn it over there's some partial text from another article that effectively reads "Game ends with a surprise."

I remember seeing this in Markiplier's playthrough. It pretty much became the inside joke of the first video's comment section.

11-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

I have trouble identifying the different "fish", but here are some other underwater creatures and their locations. Can anybody add to the list? There's a sarcastic fringehead in the game files, though I haven't seen one.
Spoiler below!
Brown crab: many places, very common.
Great spider crab: many places, less common.
Hammerhead shark: near the CURIE.
Stingray: at Delta.
Moray eel: at Delta.
Loggerhead turtle: at Delta, and between Delta and Theta.
Great white shark: between Delta and Theta.
Nautilus: near Omicron.
Jellyfish: between Omicron and the abyss, and in the abyss.
Gulper eel: in the abyss, near the climber.
Viperfish: in the abyss, near the cargo boxes.
Sea spider: in the abyssal cave.
Anglerfish: outside the abyssal cave.
Shrimp: between Tau and Alpha.
Also, some more things I recently discovered.
Spoiler below!
1. At Upsilon, Amy has a cute (!) sketch of a flesher.
2. Torturing Carl before talking to him for the first time results in different dialogue.
3. If you don't free K8, Simon says something different when leaving the escape vessel at Delta.
4. At Theta, viewing the map with blackbox beacons changes the dialogue with Catherine.
5. Checking Brandon Wan's stuff in different orders changes the dialogue with Catherine.
6. Mark Sarang has a fuzzy photo of a crawler in his room.
7. I double-checked the door at the end of Theta's residential hallway. The enemy you glimpse through the window is Akers.
8. Catherine gives two different descriptions of proxies. Which one she gives depends on when you visit the basement.
9. In the lab, you need to scan yourself and test the ARK prototype. Completing these tasks in different orders changes the dialogue with Catherine.
10. The proxies seem to hear when you switch the flashlight on/off.
11. You can datamine Emma Alvaro's body near Omicron.
12. At Omicron, Julia Dahl concludes her audio logs with the phrase "delenda est". Presumably, this just indicates that she works for Carthage.
11-13-2015, 04:15 AM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

If you lock Akers in a room, I think him escaping eventually is an unintentional consequence of his programming. He disappears and respawns closer to you a short while later if you go too far from him, effectively teleporting him out of the room he's locked in.

It is noticable if you are in one of the rooms and he roams the hallways. The footsteps, interference and his howling noise all abruptly stop after he walked past. Then a short time later you will suddenly hear him again and he will arrive from a different direction, physically impossible for him to have went around that quickly.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2015, 03:09 PM by cantremember.)
11-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(11-13-2015, 03:04 PM)cantremember Wrote: If you lock Akers in a room, I think him escaping eventually is an unintentional consequence of his programming. He disappears and respawns closer to you a short while later if you go too far from him, effectively teleporting him out of the room he's locked in.

It is noticable if you are in one of the rooms and he roams the hallways. The footsteps, interference and his howling noise all abruptly stop after he walked past. Then a short time later you will suddenly hear him again and he will arrive from a different direction, physically impossible for him to have went around that quickly.

Spoiler below!
He is set up to be able to move around in the ventilation systems. He does so while you're investigating the lab areas, noticeably before you investigate Brandon Wan's body.

11-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Find