Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SOMA Screenshot Thread
JacobVR Offline

Threads: 0
RE: SOMA Screenshot Thread

I think we all remember that part of the game. Those guys could just never shut up, they're scary for a wee while and then that croaking and screaming got really grating. That proxy looks like he's pissed at the internet going down, or maybe the WAU beat him at digital chess.
02-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(02-01-2016, 07:10 PM)JacobVR Wrote: I think we all remember that part of the game. Those guys could just never shut up, they're scary for a wee while and then that croaking and screaming got really grating. That proxy looks like he's pissed at the internet going down, or maybe the WAU beat him at digital chess.

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery you know.
02-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Find
Nautilus Offline

Threads: 1

[Image: D9z4uoN.png]

[Image: Y6VnMxi.png]
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(02-03-2016, 10:09 PM)Nautilus Wrote: [Image: D9z4uoN.png]

[Image: Y6VnMxi.png]

First one is rather basic, but the composition is great, and the fact that nothing stands out too much makes it great for a screensaver.

second one I gotta give applause for going out of the box, LITTERALLY. Amazed it ended up looking this good from the outside even though it was only intented to ever be viewed from the inside. The way the bright white blobs of the lights, the light blue on the environment lit by them, and finally the green of the sea foliage work together, makes this an overall fantastic image, that stands out from the rest.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2016, 10:18 PM by WALP.)
02-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Find
Nautilus Offline

I totally agree Walp. While it has its pretty and epic moments, Soma isnt a game filled with them from start to finish (most games arent). So when im in the process of going through and taking screenshots, and i come across a scene like this, i can either move on and try to find something more interesting to take a pic of, or i can try my best to make a normal area look decent, as i move on to more visually exciting places. The second option is what i usually do with games im really into. I essentially attempt to get at lest one shot of each area in the game, even if its normal-ish looking. And now, after a while of posting the better screenshots, im heading more and more into the more normal shots category.

The next screenshot though, is my favorite kind to take. Its always a fun challenge to try and make an area/angle you were never supposed to see, look interesting and exciting. Usually shots like this have to have the camera in a perfect spot, because if you move a tiny bit one way or another, youll see visual glitches or funky looking parts of the level. Even in this one, you can see how some of tunnels metal frame is green and other parts are red. Gotta hand it to the artists though, this was a really well put together spot, even outside of the playable area!

[Image: iK0S15i.png]

[Image: maEydcn.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 01:15 AM by Nautilus.)
02-06-2016, 01:14 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

I got to be careful next time I scroll down, Yoshida and Akers both startled me when I first looked at them in your screenshots! Tongue
02-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Find
Nautilus Offline

[Image: GKJTVY5.png]

[Image: 3VySaSS.png]
02-09-2016, 03:53 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(02-09-2016, 03:53 AM)Nautilus Wrote: [Image: GKJTVY5.png]

Now that I think about it that Terminal does not seem to have any cables running into it, and it's standing right at the edge of the platform, so they cant be out of view either, unless it's some tiny ones running under the platform. Of course since this is futuristic it might just be running wirelessly, though I would never recommend a wireless solution for a computer that monitors a powerplant, seems far to unrelyable should any problems happen with wireless connection.
02-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Find
Nautilus Offline

[Image: cbngmfc.png]

[Image: 5PQacTJ.png]
02-13-2016, 06:04 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Spoiler below!
I love that picture of Catherine. Geez - makes you wonder what she could possibly be thinking of, now that her digital self is preserved in her paradise.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-13-2016, 06:47 AM
Find