Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simon's furniture is flying around
Interjace Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Simon's furniture is flying around

Hello. I googled the internets but couldn't find anything on this issue.

I recently tried playing SOMA and it works fine, the graphics look fine, everything is fine. Except that entire Simon's apartment decided to explode on me. A fork is flying in the middle of the room, some doors and drawers are stuck, a pack of clothes flies around and the entire kitchen is falling down to the floor. I can interact with everything except the dvd player, which sent me behind the kitchen.

Here are some examples of what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/r82Xu

I have tried reinstalling it, I have updated my graphics card, I changed my power management mode (in nvidia control panel) from "adaptive" to "Prefer maximum performance, I have verified integrity of game cache on Steam, and I tried messing with the graphics settings

My computer:
Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 320
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.93Ghz
Memory: 8 GB

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 14.32 KB / Downloads: 109)
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016, 12:33 PM by Interjace.)
05-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Not Solved RE: Simon's furniture is flying around

That graphics card is barely able to play the game. The problem is probably driver related. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed from nvidia.com (341.95) and select a "Clean Installation" during setup in case of corruption. Other than that, you should restore default settings at the Nvidia Control Panel for the game and perform a steam file integrity check.
05-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Find
Interjace Offline

Threads: 1

(05-11-2016, 02:46 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: That graphics card is barely able to play the game. The problem is probably driver related. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed from nvidia.com (341.95) and select a "Clean Installation" during setup in case of corruption. Other than that, you should restore default settings at the Nvidia Control Panel for the game and perform a steam file integrity check.

Hi! I know I'm on minimum requirements but I thought that at least I'm above minimun, it should work. I mean, it handles Overwatch just fine a few days ago and that game is heavy.

I tried a clean installation now, didn't work
I restored the settings and I did a integrity check.

Is there anything else I can try?
05-12-2016, 02:34 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

SOMA uses OpenGL and not Direct3D like most games. I believe that it's a system specific issue related to graphics, probably drivers. When I said that the game can barely run on such graphics card, I meant hardware and not performance wise. Based on the HPL.log the gpu supports OpenGL 3.3.0 which is exactly what the game requires as a minimum. It could be that the driver implementation of 3.3.0 in that gpu is not proper. Does it occur later in the game? Simon's apartment is a very small part so maybe you can just bare with it for a few minutes and move on. Usually though, such graphics corruption doesn't happen in only one place.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016, 01:45 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Find