Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

This game has a lot of Overkill
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: This game has a lot of Overkill

(12-18-2010, 09:55 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: maybe Daniel is Sciaphobic Dodgy

Definitely not a general fear of shadows, cause there is so much darkness he would have a stroke within 5 minutes of the game. He's just paranoid...I think you would be too in that situation! Tongue
12-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

(12-19-2010, 06:02 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 09:55 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: maybe Daniel is Sciaphobic Dodgy

Definitely not a general fear of shadows, cause there is so much darkness he would have a stroke within 5 minutes of the game. He's just paranoid...I think you would be too in that situation! Tongue

the problem is well... in a custom story... say if you have a dim lit house and there's nothing to fear, daniel starts panicing... sometimes its a bit dramatic when there's no reason for daniel to panic or be alert...

I really think the panic should be tweaked with an alertness level, so the more he is alert by possible danger nearby he would panic...

so he doesn't cry every time the light gets darker unless there is something around to panic about...
did he sleep with a nightlight on or something when he was lil?
12-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

There is someone who has made several .cfg-file mods in the showcase forum, I think...

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Isn't the fact that the Shadow is after Daniel what makes him go insane so quickly? One of the notes mention that the Shadow is "leaking" insanity or something like that, so I presume Daniel is feeling the influence of the Shadow that is chasing him. That's what I figured, anyway.
12-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

(12-20-2010, 03:35 PM)nofsky Wrote: Isn't the fact that the Shadow is after Daniel what makes him go insane so quickly? One of the notes mention that the Shadow is "leaking" insanity or something like that, so I presume Daniel is feeling the influence of the Shadow that is chasing him. That's what I figured, anyway.

yes and no to an extent, the shadow is that meaty fungus that grows around, not every shadow uder every book and corner...

and besides I think the shadows should be a good hiding place and you shouldn't be afraid of a hiding place... it shouldn't calm you down... but shouldn't scare you

if you know what i mean
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Find
Sel Offline

Someone doesn't sound very immersed [Image: fun.gif]
12-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Find
Childerich Offline

Threads: 1

(12-20-2010, 03:35 PM)nofsky Wrote: One of the notes mention that the Shadow is "leaking" insanity or something like that, so I presume Daniel is feeling the influence of the Shadow that is chasing him.

I remember Agrippa saying something like that, but I'm quite sure he was talking about the orb pieces, explaining why they were placed in the torture chambers.
12-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

(12-20-2010, 03:44 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 03:35 PM)nofsky Wrote: Isn't the fact that the Shadow is after Daniel what makes him go insane so quickly? One of the notes mention that the Shadow is "leaking" insanity or something like that, so I presume Daniel is feeling the influence of the Shadow that is chasing him. That's what I figured, anyway.

yes and no to an extent, the shadow is that meaty fungus that grows around, not every shadow uder every book and corner...

and besides I think the shadows should be a good hiding place and you shouldn't be afraid of a hiding place... it shouldn't calm you down... but shouldn't scare you

if you know what i mean

They made the dark take out your sanity as a gameplay feature, so you play the game in a constant fear, light is not friendly (enemies can see you) nor dark is friendly (makes you hallucinate and lose balance), so you are always on max alert. If they made the dark a friendly place them they would need to make monster encounters more frequent, but that also have the bad effect of making the bad guys lose their frightening nature, is a question of balance and the developers imo made it right.
12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Find