Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

This game has a lot of Overkill
Aphotic Offline

Threads: 3
RE: This game has a lot of Overkill

(12-07-2010, 12:57 AM)topkerrigun Wrote: your Your reply is annoying and does not pertain to the topic.

bAd grammer is anoying,

Anyway, his reply was 100% pertinent, and all you've done is shown your blatant ignorance. Let me ask, what exactly were you trying to accomplish when you came in here and started a topic that depicts something in the game that comprises a total of several minutes at the very beginning of gameplay in a very exaggerated manner that everybody else seems to comprehend just well and accept it for what it is, a gameplay mechanic, totally ignoring what the game itself is supposed to be and ignoring all in-game context? Way to fail, douche.
12-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(12-07-2010, 07:45 AM)Aphotic Wrote:
(12-07-2010, 12:57 AM)topkerrigun Wrote: your Your reply is annoying and does not pertain to the topic.

bAd grammer is anoying,

Anyway, his reply was 100% pertinent, and all you've done is shown your blatant ignorance. Let me ask, what exactly were you trying to accomplish when you came in here and started a topic that depicts something in the game that comprises a total of several minutes at the very beginning of gameplay in a very exaggerated manner that everybody else seems to comprehend just well and accept it for what it is, a gameplay mechanic, totally ignoring what the game itself is supposed to be and ignoring all in-game context? Way to fail, douche.

This! ^^
12-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Website Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

burned

'Way to fail, douche' is a great way to end a bashing Smile

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1

I honestly agree; in the early-game sequences, Daniel is falling over on his own way too much.
12-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6

Again, he falls only once.. unless you go totally insane. which should not happen often
12-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1

You start off on your knees (effects of the potion). Then, soon afterwards a door opening knocks you down in fright, and at least one other sequence in the very early game blurs and "magnetizes" your vision
12-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Find
stevensonbak Offline

Threads: 0

Ok, guys, next time you take Amnesia potion, go unconscious, and wake up in a creepy Prussian castle, try instantly maintaining your composure after coming to.
If you notice, Daniel already has a hard enough time of walking after he wakes, so I believe he was entitled to a few collapses from a few shocking moments.
Trust me, I had a friend who passed out from being in a crowded room, and he couldn't stand for almost an hour after he came to. This is the realistic, immersive experience Frictional was shooting for, and I personally loved it.
12-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-18-2010, 08:35 PM)stevensonbak Wrote: Ok, guys, next time you take Amnesia potion, go unconscious, and wake up in a creepy Prussian castle, try instantly maintaining your composure after coming to.
If you notice, Daniel already has a hard enough time of walking after he wakes, so I believe he was entitled to a few collapses from a few shocking moments.
Trust me, I had a friend who passed out from being in a crowded room, and he couldn't stand for almost an hour after he came to. This is the realistic, immersive experience Frictional was shooting for, and I personally loved it.

Agreed, try walking after experiencing soemthing daniel did oh and try thinking... god his head must have hurt like hell. So the messed up vision and the swaying side to side and ONE collapsing scene because he obvi got a fright and because hes still grasping his barings he was bound to lose balance and trip up.

So i dont understand why people critisise the game for this, unless you want daniel to wake up and be bale to run around as though hes had a great nights sleep. Even when i wake up in the morning i take about 10 mins to fully wake up and gain my proper balance (if i am in a rush so i dotn have time to lie in a little till i properly wake).

Also give the game some time, your just at the start yet you judge the game already? If you woke up in a scary castle with no recollection of who you were or how you got here, woudl you be able to to walk down long hallways and stay confident (even when doors creep open and you hear freaky sounds) ?
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 09:11 PM by LoneWolf.)
12-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(12-18-2010, 08:35 PM)stevensonbak Wrote: Ok, guys, next time you take Amnesia potion, go unconscious, and wake up in a creepy Prussian castle, try instantly maintaining your composure after coming to.

Hell, I get nine hours of sleep and can barely walk upright for forty minutes.
That's not a sexual innuendo about the night before either.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 09:26 PM by Sexbad.)
12-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

I do agree that the game does have some over kill... standing or looking in a shadow... that you clearly know is nothing... daniels starts breathing hard and panicing and loosings sanity... its good in the main story but... kinda silly if you think about it...

maybe Daniel is Sciaphobic Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 09:57 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Find