Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

We will see a new game soon?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
We will see a new game soon?

Hi guys,
do you remember the old Amnesia site?
The game once known as "Unknown".

After release of Amnesia, the old site was removed to amnesiagame.com.

But now, the old site for games that are in progress is back.
And it says, that they are working on a new game.

http://www.nextfrictionalgame.com

So there will be an Amnesia 2 or a new other game.
I would like a horror game in a solitary house.Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM by Googolplex.)
01-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: We will see a new game soon?

cool find with the website, but you should know there cant be an amnesia 2
also, if you want a specific game, try making your own or look on the forums, Frictional games wont be making any more true horror games
01-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Find
thedaemon Offline

Threads: 3

Digi, no more horror games by frictional? I don't think that's a good idea. They will probably go out of business if they move to another market.
01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

They said somewhere that their next project may not be a horror game, but i think they never said that they're permanently done with horror games.
01-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Find
winkwinknudgenudge Offline

Threads: 1

stepping outside the horror gender which they master proudly would be VERY risky and suicidal imo

of course they can do whatever they want, and probably will surprise us again... but im just hoping they make another horror game, i like being scared and they KNOW how to scare me shitless.
01-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Find
hollodri Offline

Threads: 1

(01-05-2011, 02:03 AM)winkwinknudgenudge Wrote: stepping outside the horror gender which they master proudly would be VERY risky and suicidal imo

of course they can do whatever they want, and probably will surprise us again... but im just hoping they make another horror game, i like being scared and they KNOW how to scare me shitless.

You can do a game that lives of the same strengths as a horror game (atmosphere, a sense of fear, etc) without being strictly "horror". I doubt they'd throw everything they brought to perfection away to make some cuddly family game. Big Grin

That being said, I agree that developers should focus on what they're good at. It still bothers me that IO Interactive dropped all their amazing talent for making stealth/planning games and instead focused on the horrible Kane & Lynch games (which are almost entirely action-focused, the part of Hitman that always felt clumsy). Same goes with more popular games. For example, I don't understand why Tim Schafer wants to do all kinds of strange platformer hybrids when his strength clearly lies with storytelling, i.e. adventure games.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011, 03:13 AM by hollodri.)
01-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(01-05-2011, 03:12 AM)hollodri Wrote: For example, I don't understand why Tim Schafer wants to do all kinds of strange platformer hybrids when his strength clearly lies with storytelling, i.e. adventure games.

Mostly off-topic (still on new/upcoming video games), then you will likely love Costume Quest (+DLC) and Stacking from him/his studio. All adventure, all the time. I wish Costume Quest was fully voice acted, but there you go.
01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

1. yes, there will be new game
2. no, it won't be amnesia.

Stop making clone threads. There is like... 72 threads "OMG NEW GAME WHAT IS THIS ABOUT WILL BE THERE".

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Find
Firia Offline

Threads: 5

Amnesia 2: Daniels Revenge
He's back, and he's pissed off!

Angel
01-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

It shocked me really to hear here that Frictional will not make any more horror games.
They are the unique developer in the world who can create a good horror game and they don't do it much longer?

Oh, Frictional Games will get no new people who wanted to buy their games because nobody knews this developer studio and their games. Only fans of Penumbra and Amnesia are buying future projects from frictional.

Cool atmosphere is not enough, you have to scare extremely! That is it, waht makes fun and to find out puzzles like in overture.

OK, they did a great job in horror genre but I say they can't make it also good in other games. A little scary, you hear a girl crying and then there is opening a door or you see a corpse is not enough that a real horror game should have. There are much more ideas. In my head I have very good games but I can not create them because I'm not a developer.
But I wanted to work in my own developer team...BlushAngel

So, please do more scary games "for adults!".

All the world is playing Electronic Arts shooters they makes billion dollars profit. But that's the wrong way. All that people did not knew, what a good game is.

@Firia

Amnesia: the tomb of drab
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011, 07:44 PM by Googolplex.)
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Find