Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Justine: 10 questions.

(03-12-2013, 10:15 AM)felixmole Wrote: I do not recognize my voice (with or without Amnesia, that is).

You may have Phonagnosia.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM by Bridge.)
03-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Find
Parmida Offline

Threads: 0
Justine is too hard.

Is there anyone else that doesn't like Justine?
Too hard, too much pressure, too much jumpscary, enemies wouldn't go away(except Alois) and the fact that I couldn't save didn't help matters.
As soon as I enter the potato room, I just quit...I can't look at that shitty Basile and his horrible face!(It gives me a heart attack) and I just feel stuck and unable to move.
I played the main story 2 times and LOVED it! It was very perfect. I'm going to play it again.
But I can't finish Justine, someone please help me get over this pointless fear? Sad
I've heard that there are two doors in there that one of them is locked and Basile gets alerted. do I get killed If I find the locked door first?
I feel like a little kitty in potato room. Sad
03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Justine is too hard.

(03-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Parmida Wrote: Is there anyone else that doesn't like Justine?
Too hard, too much pressure, too much jumpscary, enemies wouldn't go away(except Alois) and the fact that I couldn't save didn't help matters.
As soon as I enter the potato room, I just quit...I can't look at that shitty Basile and his horrible face!(It gives me a heart attack) and I just feel stuck and unable to move.
I played the main story 2 times and LOVED it! It was very perfect. I'm going to play it again.
But I can't finish Justine, someone please help me get over this pointless fear? Sad
I've heard that there are two doors in there that one of them is locked and Basile gets alerted. do I get killed If I find the locked door first?
I feel like a little kitty in potato room. Sad
All suitors have the exact same modelWink Remember that the monsters CANNOT see you. They WILL notice you if you hit them, or make a sound. If you crouch at a corner and a suitor is just 1 ft from you, he won't even notice!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 11:41 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(03-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Parmida Wrote: I can't look at that shitty Basile and his horrible face!(It gives me a heart attack) and I just feel stuck and unable to move.
Just sit in a corner, then stealthily head to the other part of the potato room and look for the way outside.

Frankly, if this scares the hell out of you, you have no idea what next is in store for you Big Grin

(Most importantly: do *not* watch playthrough of Justine before playing it or it will ruin your experience.)

PS: What exactly did you find too jumpscary in Amnesia: Justine? I find it much less so than TDD.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2013, 12:45 PM by felixmole.)
03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(03-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Parmida Wrote: too much jumpscary

wat

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Find
Parmida Offline

(03-22-2013, 12:39 PM)felixmole Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Parmida Wrote: I can't look at that shitty Basile and his horrible face!(It gives me a heart attack) and I just feel stuck and unable to move.
Just sit in a corner, then stealthily head to the other part of the potato room and look for the way outside.

Frankly, if this scares the hell out of you, you have no idea what next is in store for you Big Grin

(Most importantly: do *not* watch playthrough of Justine before playing it or it will ruin your experience.)

PS: What exactly did you find too jumpscary in Amnesia: Justine? I find it much less so than TDD.
I think that it's because it didn't give me time to get used to the new environment like TDD. Right after exiting that cell I just hear this monster music and start running like a head plucked chicken, I was petrified.(And I didn't know that the suitor was in that room that has a window so you can get a look at it, I saw him the second time). *shudders*
03-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

The potato room is not that hard... Just sneak past Basile and when you see the exit, run the last few meters and you'll be fine. And trust me, it gets so much worse later towards the end... Big Grin

But you're right, Justine's pacing is very different from the original game. But I think it has to be because it is so much shorter... so it's not really comparable. I see it more as an experiment on what kind of scares could work in a longer game and whether perma-death changes the game experience for better or for worse.
03-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
Parmida Offline

Thank you everyone for trying to help me, I might be able to get over it in a few days, or not...
03-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

I remember when I first played Justine, it was much scarier (for me) than the original Dark Descent Tongue

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I also never managed to finish Justine. To have no save point is very frustrating and I lost pleasure to play again from the beginning after third time. The hardest thing is that the monsters do never disappear from the environment and they are so strong and fast. There was actually no chance for me to get through.

Justine is an extreme hardcore game. I don't know how it's possible to solve that.Huh
03-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Find