Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
The sins we hide [Release]
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: The sins we hide [Release]

I actually am having an issue with combing the hammer and chipper as well - which is quite a problem indeed!

I am enjoying it very much and the maps that I've seen so far are absolutely gorgeous. I just have no way to progress without the two.

For the record I am running on a Steam version of Amnesia and fully updated.

06-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12

(06-17-2011, 07:06 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: I actually am having an issue with combing the hammer and chipper as well - which is quite a problem indeed!

I am enjoying it very much and the maps that I've seen so far are absolutely gorgeous. I just have no way to progress without the two.

For the record I am running on a Steam version of Amnesia and fully updated.

Wish I knew why this problem was occuring for some and not everyone.. if it was a global issue then the problem would be easier to identify.

If anyone is having this problem, they could always do this to get past it:

Spoiler below!
Go into the custom maps directory where the story is installed. In ch03 you will find the file "ritual.hps", open this up and scroll down to where it says:

void OnStart()
{
(code here)
}

Between the { } insert this new line of code:

GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);

I think that should work, untested though, may need to change the 0 at the end to a 1? This line was taken from a debug line in Amnesia: TDD.

Can't test this atm as I'm at work.

06-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

(06-17-2011, 11:23 AM)Kraggdog Wrote: Wish I knew why this problem was occuring for some and not everyone.. if it was a global issue then the problem would be easier to identify.

If anyone is having this problem, they could always do this to get past it:

Spoiler below!
Go into the custom maps directory where the story is installed. In ch03 you will find the file "ritual.hps", open this up and scroll down to where it says:

void OnStart()
{
(code here)
}

Between the { } insert this new line of code:

GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);

I think that should work, untested though, may need to change the 0 at the end to a 1? This line was taken from a debug line in Amnesia: TDD.

Can't test this atm as I'm at work.

Sadly this isn't working for me either.

I tried numerous lines of coding and it just won't work - I think it would work if I was able to re-enter the map from the beginning? The problem with that is I don't have any saves before that room, solely because I was too engrossed with the custom story itself to save.

I tried bits and pieces of coding from other custom stories like Abduction and Electric Castle but nothing seems to want to work - and I am lead to believe I am near the end of the story too!

06-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Enjoying the playthrough videos so far Cry Smile any luck with the hammer and chipper issue? Or will the Vid end there Sad I've tried poking around the forums and asking questions without any luck.

I think i'll avoid the hammer and chipper in future projects lol

06-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

(06-23-2011, 09:43 AM)Kraggdog Wrote: Enjoying the playthrough videos so far Cry Smile any luck with the hammer and chipper issue? Or will the Vid end there Sad I've tried poking around the forums and asking questions without any luck.

I think i'll avoid the hammer and chipper in future projects lol

I actually got some help from Nye on getting past it.

We made it so the game starts in that map and then the hammer and chipper comes into the inventory from the edited script, but also at that time he had edited the map to just take out that wall in general.

I'll get to uploading the last part now. :]

With that said, I really enjoyed this story! The water area was positively gorgeous and the story was quite believable - and the orb mechanic was unique, and unique is good!

Keep up the great work!

06-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Find
TRexAteMyGirlfriend Offline

Threads: 0

Let's plays of it, eh? Well, someone recommended this map to me, so I will be doing a let's play of it Big Grin when I get around to it I will send you the link
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Website Find
Kraggdog Offline

Glad you enjoyed it Cry Smile I had a good laugh watching your playthrough too.

The "Lets Play!" videos are invaluable.. because it lets creators know how a fresh player approaches a situation and what they do. I was a total newb at scripting too and had to learn as I go, so next time will be more polished.

Looking forward to getting my teeth really stuck in the next project (assembling a team and doing story stuff right now).

06-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

(06-23-2011, 10:14 PM)Kraggdog Wrote: Glad you enjoyed it Cry Smile I had a good laugh watching your playthrough too.

The "Lets Play!" videos are invaluable.. because it lets creators know how a fresh player approaches a situation and what they do. I was a total newb at scripting too and had to learn as I go, so next time will be more polished.

Looking forward to getting my teeth really stuck in the next project (assembling a team and doing story stuff right now).

You mean that they are priceless right ?
06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Website Find
Kraggdog Offline

Quote:You mean that they are priceless right ?

Google the word if you are unsure Tongue Priceless is about right though. Not the opposite of valuable Tongue

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM by Kraggdog.)
06-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Find
Garg79 Offline

Threads: 0

i got a problem in the dungeon with the red fog ...
i cant combine the hammer with the chipper
i found the place with the loose stones and it tells me "u cant move the stones with bare hands"
but i cant use the hammer or chipper on it.
what should i do?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2011, 01:19 PM by Garg79.)
07-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Find