Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any News On The Next Instalment?
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
Any News On The Next Instalment?

Hey Guys

Played through Amnesia and currently going through Penumbra Overture. Loving these games a lot.

Any idea on what the next Frictional Title will be? Any rumours?

Think A Little, Change A Lot
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 10:12 AM by BrooksyFC.)
07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Any News On The Next Instalment?

Hey;
You can check the development blog as usually developers updates there with some news.

Currently they're working on HPL3 which is a new version of the Amnesia engine and will have lots of new features.

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/

07-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Nice one man, cheers.

I've heard that the next game is going to be not as horror based as the others, I hope not though. Hopefully create some scarier monsters, cause the ones in Amnesia are creepy as Tongue

07-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(07-21-2011, 10:09 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: I've heard that the next game is going to be not as horror based as the others

You heard right. It's not horror oriented.

07-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

It is horror oriented, but there will be no horror story.
Not mainly a horror game, but a game with horror.

Instead of a pure horror game like Amnesia, they decided to go more in adventure genre.

Amnesia had too much horror for me, I really pissed my pants.
A game like Penumbra with more physical puzzles and secrets would be very good for me.

I only asked me, what kind of light the player use.
Flashlight, Glowstick, Flare, Candle or Latern?

I think, they make a scary game again. But they could not do a game without horror.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 12:17 PM by Googolplex.)
07-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Yeah I guess it depends on the time period and settings of the game. Penumbra was set in modern times so flashlights and flares. Amnesia in the 1800's with a lantern.

I'm hoping its not in the future, but like 21st century style. Flashlights, Lightbulbs, possibly some sort of nightvision to see hidden monsters? Would be scary hearing the monster and not being able to see them Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 12:56 PM by BrooksyFC.)
07-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(07-21-2011, 12:05 PM)Googolplex Wrote: It is horror oriented, but there will be no horror story.
Not mainly a horror game, but a game with horror.

Instead of a pure horror game like Amnesia, they decided to go more in adventure genre.

Amnesia had too much horror for me, I really pissed my pants.
A game like Penumbra with more physical puzzles and secrets would be very good for me.

I only asked me, what kind of light the player use.
Flashlight, Glowstick, Flare, Candle or Latern?

I think, they make a scary game again. But they could not do a game without horror.

Thank god man. Amnesia had me "save and exit"-ing every 5 minutes sometimes, it really really freaked the hell out of me.
Penumbra was scary as well with the dogs, tuurngaits and zombies and whatnot, but at least there was a decent amount of puzzles to occupy my mind.

Personally, I'm looking forward to FG doing something not so insanely horror-based. It's good that theyre branching out, plus now I'll be able to appreciate a game of theirs without shitting my pants.
07-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Yeah tell me about it. I'm playing through Overture, but cause I'm recording, I can't stop the recording every few minutes cause I'm panicking. Constantly hand sweating.

I've just got past putting the generator on and entering the code to get past the door. Mentioned something about a worm? Huh

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 01:46 PM by BrooksyFC.)
07-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I really hope too that the next game will not play in future.
Because I hate all sci-fi games because they have a very ugly atmosphere.

Loved the middle ages and epic touch. Less colors, dirty architecture and rougher style.

I'm writing an adventure-horror game like this one in 1000s of years ago, played in the mossy temple ruins of Inkas or Mayas.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 01:59 PM by Googolplex.)
07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

I don't mind Si-Fi, but only like Mass Effect and Deux Ex Tongue.

But yeah, I reckon the middle ages would be good. Similar time to Amnesia, but maybe set in a slightly modernish time. Bit more open. But I do like being in a small space checking areas of items and monsters. Very intense.

But the games work well cause there are only about 2-3 characters, easy story line, but I think it would be good if they made some sort of Amnesia trilogy, like Penumbra, but I guess with Justine and all the mods there ain't much point

07-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Find