Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Mehis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

"He wakes up from disturbing dreams at the start of the game and begins
to try and piece his life back together, to understand what has happened
to him."

This just makes me feel like I'm going to close the game right after I've seen the dreams...
07-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Find
Numsefisk43 Offline

Threads: 1

Perhaps you will play through a city or a district instead of 1 place (castle) like in TDD?
07-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Probably - according to the trailer there will at least be levels that take place outside. I also think someone mentioned trees in an interview somewhere... and it would be a shame not to put thechineserooms talent for outside environments to good use, right? Wink

I didn't even know they had a second project going. But it sounds really awesome. I wonder what release date they have in mind for that one?
07-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

It's a separate team, so we're not spread thinly.

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
07-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

It seems kinda pointless to post it here, i never go through all the pages just to see someone saying "geez i can't wait until aamfp".

Hi.
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Website Find
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1

It's good one project can act as a distraction from the other. Can't hype two developing games at once. Tongue
07-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

So what do you guys think about the ending? What would you want it to be like? Would you like it to end in a mysterious way to leave you to figure out what happened, or would you prefer something like what FG did? How many endings would you want?

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012, 04:54 PM by GrAVit.)
07-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Considering the fact that it is TCR we are talking about, there will be one defined ending... but it will be quite subtle and will spawn a lot of discussion threads on the forums. I'm ok with that.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Hm... I'd like a really shocking ending that I don't see coming. (And I don't mean the old clichée of "It was all just a dream!" Wink ) Something that makes totally sense when you think about it, but you'd have never thought it might end that way. Or some really crazy final level - like the meat circus from Psychonauts. That one just made me go wtf?! all the time.

I'd also like only one ending please. Big Grin One that ends the story the way the storywriter thinks it should end. Having several endings always feels a bit undecisive, especially if they depend on only one or two choices made in the game.
It's a different thing of course, if the whole game revolves about making decisions and defining what type of character you want to be - in that case it would make me feel cheated if the conclusion at the end was always the same. I just didn't feel like Amnesia was that type of game.

Or like silent Hill 2 where, if i recall correctly, the endings depended on a whole bunch of infos the game collected in the background while you played - things like how often you would use healing items (rarely using them was interpreted as having suicidal tendencies ^^) , how much care you took not to harm your NPC sidekick, etc. It wasn't perfect but an interesting idea I think.
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I think one ending would be awesome. But, I would actually enjoy multiple endings like the ones in Amnesia, but more thought out and not so rushed. I'd like an ending where Oswald gets killed and used by the machine or something and one where it gets destroyed.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Find