Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Warp Offline

Threads: 0
RE: A machine for pigs trailer in minecraft.

Thanks for all the really positive feedback guys. It's nice to see that the amnesia community like it. Rolleyes
07-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(07-16-2012, 08:40 PM)Kein Wrote:
Oh, Ben added those pieces in his gallery:
[Image: 6550e88d81036bcdbcef237f0a738cdd-d57lbjs.jpg]

[Image: 9fb5d2f1831bc70006b1eaf2f844b014-d57lb8b.jpg]

I saw those on an article earlier. They are freakin' gorgeous!

@Zaari

Why would you put that thought in my mind? ;_;

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 10:08 PM by RawkBandMan.)
07-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

^ This discussion reminds me of a scene in Princess Mononoke where the monkeys are stating how they will kill and eat humans, in order to gain supremacy over other animals, like how the humans have. Really kinda interesting if that's how they'll portray the pigs.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

(07-16-2012, 09:29 PM)Zaari Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 09:18 PM)Mehis Wrote: Cannibalism...
Might want to limit those guns on the walls. We might grab couple on the way... Lol.
It's still unclear as to how they could become so powerful or intelligent though, as the human meat is placed on the table and looks like it has knives stuck in it.
Perhaps something happened to Mandus during the expedition to Mexico. Maybe he is cursed like Daniel by some sort of ancient power like the Orb from ATTD. It could explain why the monsters exists. Something must have happened with Oswald's factory after Mexico, or maybe he went insane...

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
07-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

This snippet from the article:
Quote:“When I first started writing the concept, it was called We Are The Pig,” says creative director Dan Pinchbeck. ”It got moved over to A Machine for Pigs, but there was always that thing of a title that makes people go, ‘what is that about?’.”
really bringы the question: what as the original idea behind the title?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 04:21 PM by Kein.)
07-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Find
Zaari Offline

(07-16-2012, 10:50 PM)Kein Wrote: This snippet from the article:
Quote:“When I first started writing the concept, it was called We Are The Pig,” says creative director Dan Pinchbeck. ”It got moved over to A Machine for Pigs, but there was always that thing of a title that makes people go, ‘what is that about?’.”
really bring the question; what as the original idea behind the title?
That could also tie in with my theory. After the pigs have taken over the factory, maybe they like to think of themselves as the humans and us as the pigs, the ones being slaughtered. However, not sure about why they chose Pig instead of Pigs in the title.

"Marzipan, darling."
07-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I do not like the idea of pigs taking over the factory, it seems juvenile and not scary on a higher level. What we will see in the game will be much more f*cked up I think, like some symbolic gruesome representation of consumerism where the people are the product. Literally the product, like they take their body, raise it domestically and run it through the factory when the bits are ready. When if you think of society it represents it kinda well, we grow up and are made to go to school so we are educated and can make money for ourselves, and our money is used to buy products and services. Everything in our society is built around money, people spend money and somebody else gets it. So why not take out the middle man and just grow humans for food or whatever? This sounds fucked up I know and don't forget it is just speculation Tongue

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: I do not like the idea of pigs taking over the factory, it seems juvenile and not scary on a higher level.What we will see in the game will be much more f*cked up I think, like some symbolic gruesome representation of consumerism where the people are the product.
This. Besides, there would be no need to stress the lack of human morality in the Victorian Era, if the bad guys were simply monsters. The horror has to come directly from what the humans themselves are capable of.
That said, this doesn't necessarily mean there can't be any monsters. Oswald IS probably somewhat insane after all or at least delirious, so there are many possibilities for how he perceives his surroundings.
Quote: Eh-heh...heh, my good sir. Rule 34, rule 34.
Why did I have to drink while reading this? Now I've got water up my nose -.-
In all seriousness though, I remember a horror game where the baddies would actually rape you after they beat you unconcious. (Off screen of course, there were only some very disturbing sounds over a game over screen.)
Now if I could only remember the name of that game...it was about a young woman who finds herself in a castle after having an accident. Your only means to deal with the f**** up inhabitants of that castle were to run away and hide, until later when you made friends with a dog that would protect you somewhat. Also one enemy was the walking, burning corpse of your grandfather. Anybody know which game I'm talking about? Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2012, 09:17 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
07-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

(07-17-2012, 09:16 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Why did I have to drink while reading this? Now I've got water up my nose -.-
In all seriousness though, I remember a horror game where the baddies would actually rape you after they beat you unconcious. (Off screen of course, there were only some very disturbing sounds over a game over screen.)
Now if I could only remember the name of that game...it was about a young woman who finds herself in a castle after having an accident. Your only means to deal with the f**** up inhabitants of that castle were to run away and hide, until later when you made friends with a dog that would protect you somewhat. Also one enemy was the walking, burning corpse of your grandfather. Anybody know which game I'm talking about? Smile
Haunting Ground
07-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: A machine for pigs trailer in minecraft.

That was an awesome video. Very well edited Big Grin

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Find