Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

I'm definitely in! Already working on a map! Big Grin

08-13-2016, 06:54 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Let's remember to give credit to Frictional and say that these are just edits.

Oh, another thing: Some levels may require items that aren't in them. Make sure to give them to the player and take all items after finishing the map.

Also, do we give the player only a one lantern in the hub area ?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 10:09 PM by Darkfire.)
08-13-2016, 10:01 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Hey. The project seems to be taking shape very well unlike other times when I proposed it myself. Different times, different people, I guess. I'm just glad it finally it's gonna happen.

It's gonna be a little hard but I'll try to find the time to spend it in this project cause this is something I always wanted to do in Amnesia and I don't want to miss it. I guess I could make about 2-6 levels.

I want to know how the level doors are going to work. I know we need at least one hub level before the rainy hall to let the player select which map he wants to play first. But what about the rest? If I remake level A, each time someone makes a level B I have to edit my map to include him a level door to his level?

08-14-2016, 03:22 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19

The minimum that needs to be edited is one Amnesia map. It won't flow into the others and each contributor has to make sure the map ends somewhere and that you cannot somehow leak into the original game.

I was thinking of Rainy Hall to be the HUB map. There is enough space for all the doors as well as a shop and some fun secret things.

The doors would say something like:
"Archive remake by Slanderous"
"Morgue remake by Peter__P"
etc.

That's a single map. You may make the map bigger, but as for multiple levels,
one is preference.

I worked on the anniversary site a bit. It has a new design and I'll add all the information needed there soon.

http://amnesiachallenge.comxa.com/
(refresh the page if it doesn't look right)
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016, 10:04 AM by Spelos.)
08-14-2016, 07:10 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

nice idea, just got notified by it. i have a mod planned for amnesia's 10th anniversary, but i guess i can join the 6th just as well Smile i've already made some remakes of whole original amnesia maps and parts too, damn i made so much mods for this game already.. but still, i'm looking forward to take part in this community event as well, it seems i just can't get past this game Big Grin if i understand well, how the situation stands right now is, i should choose a map from the original amnesia and re-make it to my own taste, and you'll be joining them all with a hub level in the end? if so i'm pretty much in.

08-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

That is 100% correct =)
08-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16

I've considered taking part in this effort. Could someone provide info regarding how we are sharing files and the Skype group if any?
08-19-2016, 03:13 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

More information will be on the website (http://amnesiachallenge.comxa.com/) as well as here.

There is no Skype group and we actually do not share files between one another.

You just pick a map from original Amnesia, copy it, mod it, and then (most likely) submit it on the website or send it via e-mail. I'll then gather and compile it. (and yes, include .hps and extra_english.lang files) but more on that later.
08-19-2016, 07:17 AM
Find
LostMyMind Offline

Threads: 1

Great idea but im shit and i dont know how to help i have no experince : (((((((((
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 08:43 AM by LostMyMind.)
08-19-2016, 08:42 AM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Alright buddy, first of all here's a little something that should calm you down:
[Image: amnesia_grunt_hug_me_by_duckyseeyou-d6h0viw.png]

Second of all:
You are not bad. You are here and are a part of the community! If mapping or level design isn't the thing you love about Amnesia modding, there are going to be more "jobs". I haven't announced it, yet. Since I need to write a whole guide on submitting maps and projects.

Other jobs might include:
- The fun "HUB" events concepts
coming up with things that the player might want to do in the hub level that might be fun. Sure, we are decorating it, but if having a hot-tub in rainy hall sounds fun, let's make it happen.

- Scripting "HUB" events
- Creating original music
- Sorting submissions
- Designing ModDB page (HTML work)
etc.

Just say what you think would be cool and I might add it.
08-19-2016, 08:54 AM
Find