Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Themaagen Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Yeah I actually want to talk about the Jack the Ripper thing, because since hearing that the game would be in london in 1899, i've been expecting something about JTR in the game Smile But I suppose 1899 is a few years after he supposedly stopped?
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

I really hope that the Q3 release date isn't true.
I mean, surely FG would've updated the official information on their site first?
I just honestly don't see any reason why they would push the release to Q3, I mean the game is practically finished. Polishing doesn't take that long.

04-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Themaagen Wrote:Yeah I actually want to talk about the Jack the Ripper thing, because since hearing that the game would be in london in 1899, i've been expecting something about JTR in the game Smile But I suppose 1899 is a few years after he supposedly stopped?
Yeah, I suppose. But since he never got caught the game could still use him! ^^ Maybe he's the professor? Some wild theories suggest, after all, that he might have been a man with medical knowledge, due to the fact that he removed organs from his victims. So maybe after his little murder spree he's moved on to bigger endeavours...
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013, 10:08 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Find
Themaagen Offline

(04-22-2013, 10:08 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Themaagen Wrote:Yeah I actually want to talk about the Jack the Ripper thing, because since hearing that the game would be in london in 1899, i've been expecting something about JTR in the game Smile But I suppose 1899 is a few years after he supposedly stopped?
Yeah, I suppose. But since he never got caught the game could still use him! ^^ Maybe he's the professor? Some wild theories suggest, after all, that he might have been a man with medical knowledge, due to the fact that he removed organs from his victims. So maybe after his little murder spree he's moved on to bigger endeavours...
True... Interesting! Tongue
04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(04-22-2013, 09:30 AM)Themaagen Wrote: I just kinda got the feeling with the pictures like they were going "Oh no fans are getting impatient... Hey Jeff (I don't know their names, sorry Tongue) Could you take a few screenshots of the game and post them to a news site? Oh, and make sure the pictures show the Jack the Ripper places so they can speculate a bit - that should keep them busy for a while!" And the rest is history Tongue

Lol. This. Tongue

(04-22-2013, 09:43 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Is it so much more fun to be negative?

Uh... yeah. Yup. Yes. Big Grin

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013, 11:09 AM by MyRedNeptune.)
04-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

I can't blame them for delaying so much. People expect so much out of them and put a great lot of pressure so they don't want to dissapoint

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Find
Themaagen Offline

(04-22-2013, 11:11 AM)Dogfood Wrote: I can't blame them for delaying so much. People expect so much out of them and put a great lot of pressure so they don't want to dissapoint
Exactly - I definitely would shit my pants if I had to make a successor to arguably the scariest game ever Tongue
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

Also worth bearing in mind that perhaps the game is now 100% finished (including localisations, translations, etc) and now it's up to Frictional to decide when is the best time to release it from a marketing point of view - I remember seeing a tweet from Dan some time ago saying that when to release the game is solely up to Frictional.
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

MyRedNeptune Wrote:Uh... yeah. Yup. Yes. [Image: biggrin.gif]
Fair enough Big Grin
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(04-22-2013, 11:11 AM)Dogfood Wrote: I can't blame them for delaying so much. People expect so much out of them and put a great lot of pressure so they don't want to dissapoint

Understandable, but it doesn't matter how much they delay the game, they can't please everyone. There's only so much time you can sit there and polish something. Have you ever drawn a picture and thought it looked fantastic? You start adding all these extra little things and you end up ruining it? Delaying this game just so the fans will be happy is a bad idea and not to mention impractical, I'm happy with what I saw in the trailer; I thought it looked good, bottom line is they can't please everyone no matter how many delays they put on its release.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM by Tesseract.)
04-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Find