Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Quote:Now, slightly different - what sounds put you on edge? Let's say you were in a dark room and you heard something that really didn't sit well - what is it? Always good for research for Pigs and interesting to read!
Creek of the opening door that precisely closed.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

One of the scariest sound I remember is from my childhood: An old groundwater pump we had in in our garden. Whenever air got into the pipes, it would produce a strange, very slow, rhythmic sound, somewhere between a rasping breath and deep moaning. I always imagined some giant sea creature slowly dying on the shore when I heard it at night.

I also find insect-like sounds to be pretty unsettling - anything that reminds you of small chitin legs scuttling over various surfaces, mandibles gnawing on stuff or tiny wings buzzing.

The insanity-rising sound from TDD went in the right direction, but it sounded a bit like someone chewing on hard candy after a while ^^
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2012, 10:49 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-14-2012, 10:22 PM)palistov Wrote: Achievement Earned! Spammer: Post 1,000 times on the FG Forums!

*zing*
M'yeeeeees. Highfive?

[Image: achievementget.png]
07-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Find
Hailfiretank Offline

Threads: 12

Will Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs run better on low-end computers (eg. ones with integrated graphics) or is it being specifically designed for higher-end ones?

I only ask because I love playing The Dark Descent, but it's more frustrating (and a tad more scary) when your framerate is in the single digits for most of the game! Smile
07-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Find
LucaP1000 Offline

Threads: 5

(07-15-2012, 02:16 PM)Hailfiretank Wrote: Will Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs run better on low-end computers (eg. ones with integrated graphics) or is it being specifically designed for higher-end ones?

I only ask because I love playing The Dark Descent, but it's more frustrating (and a tad more scary) when your framerate is in the single digits for most of the game! Smile
Then get a good computer.

[Image: classic-76561198012894588.png]
07-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Find
Oink Offline

(07-15-2012, 02:22 PM)LucaP1000 Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 02:16 PM)Hailfiretank Wrote: Will Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs run better on low-end computers (eg. ones with integrated graphics) or is it being specifically designed for higher-end ones?

Or replace the integrated graphics chipset (what is it?) with a better video card.
07-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Find
Hailfiretank Offline

Threads: 12

(07-15-2012, 02:22 PM)LucaP1000 Wrote:

I wish, but my current financial situation does not put me in a position to buy one that would play Amnesia better (aka I'm too poor atm).

Still, exams are over for now, gonna get a job and go from there Big Grin
07-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

i dont think so. TDD is already optimised, plus AMFP runs on an updated engine, so the reqs will def be a bit higher. So the only way is to get a better computer.
07-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Find
Plectrum61 Offline

(07-15-2012, 12:40 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: Now, slightly different - what sounds put you on edge? Let's say you were in a dark room and you heard something that really didn't sit well - what is it? Always good for research for Pigs and interesting to read!
What if you heared someone or something breathing. It's getting closer and louder, and then it just suddently stops...

"We make choices, but in the end our choices makes us."
07-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

While silence or pretty quiet ambient sounds are often expected from horror games, I think it could also be interesting to have a very noisy environment for a while.
Not always of course, but just when you get used to carefully listening for the footsteps and grunts of monsters to avoid nasty surprises, you find yourself in an engine room full of thumping, roaring machines that completely takes away your ability to hear the monsters coming. And now imagine that room filled with foggy, dust- or steam-filled air (like in the choir in TDD or the streets in Silent Hill 2) so you don't see them coming either, mistaking every moving gear or piston for a living thing.

I don't know about you guys, but that situation would certainly be extremely stressful for me Big Grin
07-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Find